Tuesday, 26 January 2010

Dear God...

By Avenged Sevenfold

A lonely road - crossed another cold state line
Miles away from those I love
- purpose hard to find

While I recall all the words you spoke to me
Can't help but wish that I was there
Back where I'd love to be, oh yeah

Dear God, the only thing I ask of you is
- to hold her when I'm not around
when I'm much too far away
We all need that person who can be true to you
But I left her when I found her
And now I wish I'd stayed
’Cause I'm lonely and I'm tired
I'm missing you again
- oh no
Once again


There's nothing here for me on this barren road
There's no one here while the city sleeps
- and all the shops are closed
Can't help but think of the times I've had with you
Pictures and some memories
- will have to help me through, oh yeah




Dear God,
the only thing I ask of you is
to hold her when I'm not around,
when I'm much too far away
We all need that person who can be true to you
I left her when I found her
And now I wish I'd stayed
’Cause I'm lonely and I'm tired
I'm missing you again
- oh no
Once again


Some search - never finding a way
Before long - they waste away
I found you - something told me to stay
I gave in - to selfish ways
And how I miss someone to hold
when hope begins to fade...

A lonely road - crossed another cold state line
Miles away from those I love
- purpose hard to find

Dear God,
the only thing I ask of you is
to hold her when I'm not around,
- when I'm much too far away
We all need that person who can be true to you
I left her when I found her
And now I wish I'd stayed
’Cause I'm lonely and I'm tired
I'm missing you again
- oh no
Once again


.
.
.
loving the song BIG time...

p.s.
.
.
.
"Think big thoughts,
but relish small pleasures. "

No comments: